The Vernon Bank is an independent community bank locally owned and focused on the banking needs of Vernon Parish and the surrounding communities.
We strive to provide friendly, old-fashioned personal banking service combined with modern conveniences and technology that customers have come to expect from their banking facility.
The Vernon Bank began in 1900 as the Bank of Leesville
located at the corner of Texas and Third Street. In 1906, the
stockholders built the first permanent brick structure at that
location. In 1910, the name was changed to the
First State Bank and on September 5, 1933 to The Vernon Bank. The
bank has given continuous service in
Leesville - Vernon Parish under the three names: Bank of Leesville, First State Bank, and The Vernon Bank. The present main facility was built in 1976
and will undergo renovation in 2012. Our beautiful branch in
New Llano opened in October of 2009.